Saturday, October 6, 2007

That's just bazaar...

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'" James 4:13-15 NIV

(*For those of you who are aware that I switched to KJV, yes I know this is NIV. I guess old habits die hard. But I did check it first to compare. ) :)

So, today. Greg was gone all day working at a contest. Our little town had its annual Fall Bazaar. I would have preferred to stay home and sulk for various & sundry reasons, but that's just not good for anyone now is it? So, the boys and I did get out afterall. And I was glad we did.

Dale had a blast and said several times throughout the day, "I'm so glad we came to the bazaar!" He bounced in a bouncy-house, rode a pony, and spent the 4 quarters that have been burning a hole in his pocket for a couple of weeks now. He bought himself a water-filled squishy ball yo-yo thing. It had a hole and no water before supper time. *sigh* But at least he was able to get the spider (that turned out to actually be an octopus) out that had been floating inside.

Alan, just like Dale, always enjoys getting out and about. We noticed all day long that his tube was barely under the tape and therefore ran a high risk of being pulled out. When Greg got home and saw that a new tape-job was needed, he suggested we pull the tube after morning meds tomorrow and let Alan have the day off. Excellent idea!

And then....

Alan was having a really hard time going to sleep. I had already nursed him and given up on that. Greg took him to do his bouncy-knee thing and right before our eyes, in an instant that tube was out. Poo.

And Alan was awake. So he got a short reprieve from bedtime while I gathered supplies and down went a new tube.

So like I said earlier, or as James said earlier...
"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'" James 4:13-15 NIV

So much for our plans! ;-)

(and one of these days I'll blog all about Why I Switched (am switching?) To KJV...
...but not tonight)

No comments: