Friday, June 15, 2007

Couldn't have planned it better myself

Woo-hoo! Two blog entries in one day! :) And what a wonderful day it was! :)

I wish every day could be modeled after this one:
Breakfast
"Stuff" around the house (laundry, mowing, etc)
Nap for Alan
Lunch
Fun "stuff" (errands, books, etc)
Nap for both boys
Supper
Evening together
Bath & bed for both boys

Ahhhh...that was today's outline, and those are the kind of days I love and long for. Greg gets a lot of the credit for all of this. First of all, he has become the GURU for getting Alan to sleep. There have been a lot of high-fives and "you-the-man"s around here lately! I'm not sure how he does it (it involves a lot of bouncing, jiggling, & sound effects), but I told him he cannot leave Alan's side! :) So thanks to Greg, Alan had a morning nap, and an afternoon nap, and went down beautifully for each. Wow! So 'normal'!!!

Dale and I made our usual library excursion this afternoon. The display case has been changed out; it's now full of several miniature doll-houses. Dale liked looking at them...maybe I can get a pic next time.

Supper tonight was banana-chocolate chip pancakes. Mmmm...some of the best pancakes I've ever made!! :)

We went for a walk together afterward. It has been so cool out this evening...wonderful for the middle of June! After the walk we bathed the boys together (baths are a totally different experience with Alan now that he's been "swimming"). Got Alan in bed, got our special time with Dale and now here we are.

Ahhhh....what a day. :)

1 comment:

fairenuff said...

I'm coming to your house for supper if you get banana and choc chip pancakes! I'm glad you have had a good day. Once again your photos are great. Keep it up!
Love
Sam
xxx