Sunday, June 3, 2007

Thinking about my boys

Wow...long time w/out a post. Definitely been busy.

So....Greg's in Florida tonight. Seems really weird. His truck is here at the house....Dale wanted to know how Daddy was going to get home. I said we would pick him up, meaning we would pick him up at the school when he got back. But now Dale thinks we are going to Florida to pick him up. Oops.

I thought without Greg here tonight I would go to bed early, since we usually stay up later than either one of should just because it's nice to have that time alone together. So I thought that without him I would fall into bed early...but here I sit.

Dale is excited about the summer reading program at the library. I took him Friday and got him signed up and checked out his first 3 books. So tomorrow we go back...we'll record his books and get 3 more, and he gets to write his name on a cut-out of a sailboat and put it on the bulletin board. I"m not sure how clearly he understands the sailboat thing, but he's been talking about it lots. It will make more sense to him when he sees it, I guess.

We've taken Alan out in public a few times now with his tube...nobody has asked us about it, and few have acknowledged it. What do you say, I guess? Sometimes I look at him and I don't even notice it, and sometimes I look at him and hate that it is there. I do love shooting those meds down it though! :)

I really really really need to make my list of things I want to pack when Alan 'gets the call'. In my mind it seems a long way away. Either I'm right, or I'm going to get a big shock!! No predicting that one! Either way...I better get that list posted if I want to get out the door in plenty of time and with all the right stuff! :)

Maybe tomorrow. Now I really am going to go to bed.

No comments: