Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Night shifts & road trips

Whew! Hectic evening, as far as all things Alan. He only had one nap today, and even though it was a good one (over 2 hours!) he was still super tired tonight. He fell asleep without getting his evening meds and before I could get him started on his NG feed. But ahh, the beauty of the tube. :) I felt like one of his night-shift nurses, quietly and busily bustling about in the dim light. All I needed was a blue LED pen light hanging from my name badge and a smart set of scrubs and I would SO be 'in'. :) Now....so long as he doesn't wake up again or puke from getting meds and feed so close together!

Dale is spending the night with Mimi & Gramps. Just sort of happened, but worked out great w/Alan being such a handful tonight.

Greg is on his way home - YAY! I told him he can never ever leave on a trip again, even if it means changing professions. He should be home by suppertime tomorrow night.

I did a big 'oops' and have run out of Alan's formula. I finished it up tonight. Our pharmacy has to special order it and it takes a day to come in (thank the Lord it's only a day!), so unless we can find some in stock somewhere tomorrow, it looks like Alan will miss a feed. I really hate that. I just thought I had another can put away!!! For now that falls under the category of worrying about tomorrow's troubles tomorrow. (and learning a lesson for the future!)

Do you regular bloggers take notes during the day or what? I'll have a thought and think "This will be good/funny/interesting to share in my blog", and then by bedtime I've forgotten it. Huh.

Dale loves corn on the cob. There. A random tidbit. :)

'Night All!! :)

No comments: