Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Brownie bliss

Okay....this is getting old....you can come home now Greg...really!


Florida - day 4. I dont see how single moms and military families do it. I've had plenty of help and great company, but it's just not the same as having my partner by my side.



Alan woke up at 6:00 this morning!! And I woke up with a cold. :( You aren't supposed to get colds in June!! And we have had so many this year! I feel pretty certain Dale is bringing them home from Sunday School, but I feel pretty jipped since we are being so careful about germs and handwashing, and yet we are still getting colds. :( And ...I think Alan has one too.



Even so, we all felt pretty good this morning:







Went to the library later for summer reading stuff. Dale's is the blue boat that looks like it's about to float into his ear. He has just passed the buoy marked '5'. He loved his little flip-flop eraser for passing 5 books.




Alan pulled out his tube around lunch time. This was 30-45 minutes before I was expecting our home health nurse anyway, so I just let it dangle until she got here. It was still taped to his face really well, so she washed it and poked it back in.






Had a short nap while the boys slept. Watched Rachel Ray. Her theme for today was cooking a meal even when you are 'under the weather'. It was a vegetable soup and an olive fritatta. Mmmmm....I really wanted that




Mom, Dad, & Kristin came over for a late supper. Alan pulled out his tube - again. He was sitting in his high chair and I saw it just as it happened, so I didn't even stop to think about it - just poked it back in ... again. M, D, & K helped me get the boys to bed. They probably hadn't turned off our street yet when Alan woke up. Another 20-30 minutes and I had him down again. Let's just hope it sticks this time!




And now I'm sitting at the computer eating a pint of "chocolate brownie overload" right out of the carton - the quintessential picture of a stressed woman. What can I say? I fit the bill.




So...two more days and my sweet darling will be home. :) Exhausted I'm sure, from 4 days of making sure 63 people have the trip of a lifetime, happily & safely, bookended by 24 hour rides on a charter bus. Ah well....the glamorous life of a band director! :)




And, yes - the chocolate brownie overload is wonderful: chocolate ice cream with hunks of brownie, nuts, & marshmallow. Mmmmm....It's Blue Bell. Good luck finding yours....mine is all gone. :)



.

1 comment:

fairenuff said...

I wish I hadnt read your post late at night while I have the munchies! Now I am going to have to go off in search of chocolate! Seriously, I hope the cold turns out to be a mild thing that passes soon. The library idea looks great and your photos clearly show that the boys had fun today!
Keep smiling.
Love
Sam
xxx