Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pacifiers, Powder, Pepperoni & Planes (& 2 new Pics)

If it's not one kid it's his brother...

You may get tired of hearing about the sleep habits of everyone at our house. But seeing as how it plays a very large role in how we start and end each day, it's a big deal! Yesterday Alan actually slept until after 7, but Dale was up not long after 6! Just when you get one to sleep in, the other decides to be an early riser! And this morning? They were both up by 6:15! What is with my kids??!

It doesn't pay to procrastinate!

The other day Greg and Dale went to Walmart and picked up 2 packages of new pacifiers for Alan. We had been meaning to do this for a while, since we only had 2 that he would take, and they were getting harder and harder to keep up with and be able to put your hands on one when you needed one. So even though they had bought the pacifiers, we hadn't opened them and done the whole 'sterilize in boiling water' thing. Yesterday morning Gerg was at work and I was in the shower (not a great idea leaving the boys unsupervised, I know, but see paragraph 1....kind of narrows my options for shower times!). Anyway, I was toweling off when Dale says throught the door: "Guess what Alan has in his mouth? I gave him one of his new orange pacifiers." I didn't want to get onto him for doing something nice, so I said, "oh thank you - I need to wash that first, though." (meaning 'sterilize in boiling water')

Dale says, "oh"

Next thing I hear is a dining chair being scooted to the kitchen sink...water running...and then Dale says through the bathroom door: "I washed it and gave it back to him".

I figure that boiling water thing is just a precaution, right? :)

Powder Trick

Dale has been loving his sandbox his Daddy fixed up for him. I never knew! Greg has accomplished with a simple sandbox what I have been trying to do for weeks: get Dale to play outside.

The only thing is, as you may know, put a kid sticky from summer heat into a sandbox and he comes out looking like a piece of sandpaper! But I remembered a trick a friend of mine told me about when she was working at a daycare: baby powder! Just give him a little rubdown with baby powder when he's ready to come inside and the sand falls away like magic! :)

Planes & Priorities

We went out to eat at CiCi's last night. I think it was Dale's first trip to a buffet, at least in his recent memory. He did great, even avoiding the classic buffet mistake of loading his plate with more than one can eat. He picked out 2 pieces of pizza - both with pepperoni, of course! When he was done with that he was ready for some dessert pizza, so I went back with him. They were just putting out a new pan of hot, buttery, cinnamon rolls, perfect combination of soft and the tiniest bit crispy at the edges, just the right amount of icing.....

Ahem - back to the subject: I put 3 on a plate thinking Dale and I would share, but one by one my little buddy at all 3 rolls! Lol! Can't blame him...they were that good. (Smart boy, leaving room for dessert) ;)

Cici's has a game room with 5 or 6 arcade games...no way were we letting Dale blow quarters on those. They also have a ride-on train, but it is right against a row of tables that had people at them. :( They also have a crane machine that is full of candy and little plastic toys and is "Play 'till you win". Okay...that one is a sure bet; that one we can do. Dale caught 3 or 4 little packs & pieces of candy. There was one in the drop spot where you retrieve your goodies that he couldn't reach, so I got it for him. When I reached in I was amazed at how big that space was, so I ran my hand around and ....ha! ...found a little green airplane at the front where you couldn't see it. :) Dale was thrilled. :)

Well...I'm off to get my shower while Greg is here to supervise!


Little man is getting good at sitting up!


Dale loves his new "men".

2 comments:

Library said...

All these subjects make me hark back to email in the "old days"!

fairenuff said...

I absolutely love your blog. You manage to make me feel like I am there with you. I am going to have to try the baby powder idea. We are presently using the rule 'once you are in the sandpit you dont got back into the house until bath and bedtime'. Works for us but only because we dont let them in the sand til late in the day. At least it saves the trail of sand through the house (invariably leading to the bathroom!).

I love your photos, as usual. Can I please request a photo of you all together now (all 3 boys and you!) so I can picture you as I read?!