Monday, June 4, 2007

Bookworms & earthworms

Well! I got to sleep in this morning (haha)....Alan didn't wake up until ten 'till 7! :-) I brought him to bed with me and Dale joined us within 10 minutes. We all got up around 7:30 and began breakfast, one by one. Cereal for all, but Alan's variety was different from ours. :-)

Dale rode his tricycle some - it was a beautiful morning outside! - while I did some things inside. (Including laundry, as usual.) Mid-morning, Alan went down very nicely for a nap and Dale and I had peanut-butter/jelly sandwiches and then read his library books over and over.

After lunch we went out. First to WalMart, then to the library. Dale got his first 3 books recorded (Gumdrop, Clifford, & a dinosaur book) and picked a blue sail-boat shape to set sail on the bulletin board sea. Picked out three more books (thankfully he didn't ask for another Gumdrop...I think those are tedious!)
Left the Library and went to see Nana & PawPaw. Seems like we stayed a long time...it was an hour or two I think.

Dale had a late nap, and Alan should have, but I didn't have the energy to get him asleep enough to stay asleep. So...I 'let' him stay up. That decision could have cost me, but he was a good baby all the rest of the evening, so it worked out ok.

Dale has really gotten brave lately with bugs. He caught a 'butterfly' the other day (actually some kind of moth, but... hey). We think he probably injured it in the process, because it never flew away, but it wasn't malicious on his part.
Since then he has held snails, earthworms, and roly-polies. I just hope this new-found bravery doesn't come back to 'bite' him...no pun intended!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We both express ourselves better in writing. I really enjoyed these updates while I'm away from home and missing y'all lots.

Daddy/Greg