Friday, June 15, 2007

Aarg matey, a giant worm!!

Ironic: the fact that the very people I want to blog about are the ones that keep me from getting to it! Even now, I've been trying to write for almost an hour! For now, Alan is asleep and Dale is going outside with Greg, so ... here I go.

Wednesday was a "program day" with the summer reading program. The theme for the day was a Pirate Party! Before the party, though, Dale logged in 3 more books, and made it to the finish line! (He can keep participating, but the goal is to read 20 books, and he has read 21). Here he is under his boat after he moved it past 20:

I don't know how I'm going to explain to him next time we go to log books that he isn't going to move his boat. He's pretty accepting, so maybe it won't be a problem.

So...on to the party: after listening to a story, all the kids made pirate hats, and then colored parrots to sit on their shoulder:

Complete the look with an eyepatch, and you have a bona-fide pirate on your hands! Arrhg!


Yesterday was a get out and go to Paris day. Our first stop was the daycare ("Learning Center") where Kristin is working this summer. They have graciously agreed to work with us if we need a place for Dale the first few days following Alan's transplant - IF we get the call this summer. (If it comes in the fall Kristin will already be back at school.)

We then went on to visit one of Greg's coworkers. She hadn't seen Alan since we were in the hospital in January. It was nice to sit down and visit for a little while.

Last stop, on to pick up a prescription and get some groceries. We also got the supplies to proceed with the bathroom project! See! I told you in my first post you would be hearing about that! :) I just didn't know it would be so long, lol.

Just a few minutes ago, as I sat here writing this, Dale came in the back door to show me something. He had found the longest earthworm I've ever seen! I took a picture for you. :)


I'm so glad my Daddy took me fishing when I was a little girl so I can appreciate such a find. :) But I will admit - I didn't touch it, and "eww gross" was on the tip of my tongue more than once...but I didn't say it! :)

So, with that up-to-the-minute news, I guess I'll go for now. If I can sneak in just a moment's peace, hopefully it won't be too long before I can post again! :)

P.S. Yeah I know....no pics of Alan this time. :( Believe it or not, I don't have any new ones! Shocker I know...

No comments: