Friday, June 8, 2007

The ealy bird catches the sneeze..or something

Thought I would do something different today and go for the 'early a.m.' blog, since Alan has become such an early riser. 6:00 a.m. anyone? I can tell already that the problem with this is going to be the truthfulness of the phrase, "I've slept since then!"

Let's see what I can piece together...

For starters - Greg came home yesterday!! We were all very glad for that. The boys & I picked him up around 3 yesterday afternoon - smelling of 24-hour old sunblock. :p Lol. Of course, like any good traveling Dad, he came bearing presents. Dale's is already broken, and I'm seriously considering sending Disney a letter. ('Is this the only taste of Disney you want this little boy to have?') I've always thought it, and now after Greg having been there with a Dad's perspective, I know: I have no desire to do the Disneyworld thing. Beaches, shows, sightseeing, shopping - I can do all that...just not a big themepark person. (I'll be sure and leave that out of my Letter to Disney!)

In other news (lol) Alan has cut another tooth! That's two now! And he is not a graceful teether, bless his heart. This one gave him fits last night. And just when we thought we could go to bed early...HA!

Dale and I played NASCAR Monopoly, which turned out pretty well and amazingly resembled the actual game! I rounded off some of the prices and dealt mainly with $100 bills, but we basically followed the rules. Dale did get a little upset when Alan got into his money, but that is the 'typical' daily life sort of stuff that just warms my heart. :)

We all know that the sounds of puking, something breaking, and strange silences can all send a mother running, but living with the tube has added another 'alarming' sound....sneezing! Yes boys & girls, beware, a baby pulling out his tube will often sneeze like he's got a long-haired cat up his nose. So these days a sneeze can send me running as fast as any of those other tell-tale sounds!

Well....my little morning buddy says a.m. writing time is up. Happy Friday, everyone! :)

No comments: