Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Vintage cars & dirty tractors

Another day...
Started like so many days lately have started...cereal, etc.

Greg got to work in the bathroom pretty early scraping off the remaining paper. It took all day, but he's done! Hopefully he/we can begin the next phase tomorrow.

Through a good part of the morning Dale stayed busy 'helping' Daddy, and Alan had a nap. That left me with the rest of the house all to myself, so I got lots of housecleaning and laundry done.

Alan's home health nurse came after lunch. Dale loves when Mrs. Shelly comes - he gets to 'try out her skefoscope' and get weighed on her scales. Alan has gained another ounce or two - glad for that.

Dale and I made a trip to the library mid-afternoon. Oops - still didn't get a pic of those dollhouses. Anyway, Dale traded out for 3 more books. He has an addiction for "Gumdrop" - it's a series of books about a man (Joe) and his vintage car (Gumdrop) and all their adventures. EVERY time he gets books, he HAS to get a Gumdrop book.

I actually COOKED supper tonight! I miss it a lot - lately we've been having a lot of sandwiches, hot dogs, & frozen pizzas.

Alan was sitting in his highchair with us while we ate. I looked at him, looked away, heard him sneeze, looked back, and the tube was out!! He's a quick little booger. But - I knew this would happen again, and I was prepared: I went straight for the phone and made an appointment with Sears to get our family portrait made in the morning! :) (Just don't tell Alan's dr's that we're skipping his feed tonight! - lol!)

So the supper cleanup got left to Greg while I scurried around trying to figure out what we're all going to wear. Thank goodness I was able to do all that laundry this morning! :)

Bathed the boys together, got what meds we could down Alan the old fashioned way (by mouth) and got them into bed. I expect to be up a time or two to feed Alan, since the feeds are what keep him sleeping through the night.

Went for a walk after supper last night. Saw a tractor parked in a vacant lot. Dale saw it and said it looked like Granddaddy's. Greg agreed, saying "yeah, his is a Massey-Ferguson too". Dale, in all seriousness repeats, "yeah, a Nasty-Ferguson". :D

No comments: