Monday, September 24, 2012

Around the House Monday

In my fridge - 
I think I need to take this little category out.  Tuesday has turned into our grocery day, so any Monday I do an around the house the fridge is empty, lol!  I other fridge news, after several weeks off, we are back to drinking orange juice again in the mornings and we're all enjoying it so much!  We also have salad stuff on hand again (lettuce, spinach, veggies, etc), which has been a nice addition to some meals lately.


On my nightstand - 
Another reason Monday might not be a good day for around the house: Tuesdays are not only our grocery day, they are our library day, too!  At any rate, I finished The Scarlet Pimpernel last night and loved it!  
Also on my nightstand is the perpetual sippy cup.  For a while Tyler got in the habit of showing up at my bedside in the wee hours of what seemed like every. single. night! whispering "I'm sirsty!"   I got tired of heading to the kitchen in the wee hours and finally wised up and started bringing water to bed with me.  He doesn't visit as often now, but I never know when he'll come in thirsty.  Sometimes I don't even wake up until I hear him slurp slurping next to me. :)

In the school room - 
Not doing so good with my bug unit for Tyler.  I need to get my act together and get serious about preparing some cool bug activities for him.  There are so many possibilities!

I decided to take a break from character studies with Alan and go through the book of Acts together instead.  We started that today, and I'm looking forward to the next month or so of learning together!

On the menu - 
Breakfast for supper (pancakes, sausage or bacon, eggs)
Tacos (boys been requesting for a while)
Pintos and garden veggies from the freezer
Chicken and dumplings
Something with rice, but I haven't decided yet what :)  Suggestions?
Edited: I'm thinking Swedish meatballs to go with our country study of Sweden/Finland/Norway this week! 

In the baby's room - 
I emptied, moved (don't panic - it's super lightweight and Dale helped), and reloaded (again, with boy help) a little bookshelf in our bedroom this weekend for the start of a bit of furniture shuffling to come in the next few weeks to make room for our new little man.  

That's been about the only baby prep I've done this week.  I'm making every effort to balance getting ready with not getting ahead of myself.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I started looking for Brooklyn way too soon and drove myself crazy!  So I'm doing my best not to rush things this time.


I spy with my little eye...a little boy that fell asleep waiting for Daddy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You and all the rest of us were crazy waiting for Brooklyn!