Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin!

Pumpkin Patch 2010


One of my favorite things about fall is pumpkin.  I love to decorate with them, craft them with the boys, and, best of all... cook with them!


Back in the late spring my dad let me have an entire row in his garden for pumpkins.  We planted two varieties: one large one for decorating, and a smaller one for eating.  I had grand visions of front porch displays and filling my freezer with my own pumpkin puree for use all fall.  


And then we had the Texas Heat Wave of the Century and not one pumpkin survived.  So sad!  So, another year of canned pumpkin for me.  And I better stock up, because I have been collecting quite a few pumpkin recipes.


Like these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles.  


In fact, that same blogger (a fellow pumpkin lover) has an entire pumpkin roundup that looks yum!
Pumpkin Patch 2010


I've already made these Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes, and they were delicious!  Light and fluffy, with just the right amount of pumpkin.  Finished perfectly with the piped cream cheese frosting and a tiny sprinkle of nutmeg.


But if you really want to go all out on your cupcakes you could try these Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes.  Hello!


I am incredibly intrigued by this recipe for Pumpkin Cornbread.  And trying to decide just the right thing to serve it with.  Any ideas?


Someday I will have to discuss my brownie obsession with you.  It has taken me by surprise.  For now, I'll just share this: Pumpkin-Swirl Brownies.  Oh yes.
Pumpkin Patch 2010


Need breakfast?  How about Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Frosting?


And finally, the only other recipe I've actually tried (so far): Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I've seen recipes like this one all over the internet lately.  I found this one last year and made it a couple of times then and once already this year.  I'm not cool enough for espresso, so I just pour some into a cup of strong coffee.  Decaf, of course. ;)


Who knows how many of these I'll actually get to.  But I like having them all (plus a few more) tucked away when the pumpkin mood strikes. 
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe?

No comments: