Friday, September 23, 2011

280 days.... and counting.

In case you haven't noticed, the baby counter is sitting at Zero.  

Which has brought to me this realization:

After four babies...36 months of being pregnant... this is the first time I have ever been pregnant on my due date.

Dale was born the day before his due date.  Alan and Tyler one week before.  All induced.

This waiting it out is tough stuff.

The plus side of all the waiting (besides baby growing and developing all these extra days) has been the making and crafting.  Mom and I have to do something to keep our minds and hands occupied.

Thus the frequent visits to Hobby Lobby these days.  

The lady in the fabric department is starting to recognize us.  

And I'm not kidding.

This week's find was a remnant of pink polka-dot fleece, on clearance!  Couldn't leave that behind, now could we?

Interestingly, when we got it home and unrolled it, we discovered it was a rather oblong piece.
So we decided to work with it, fringing the ends ....
...for a soft sweet blanket!

5 comments:

Kristen | Ello Poppet Blog said...

I LOVE that you made a cute blankie! I have 10 more weeks left being pregnant with number 4...Im counting it down too(: I wish the best this time around too(: Cant wait to see your little bundle! Blessings!

Linda Jacobs said...

So cool! Great idea! Miss B will love it...if she ever gets here!

Cindy said...

I have made those cute little fleece blankets before for shower gifts. They are so sweet.

Jennifer said...

I keep checking every day thinking for sure there will be the big announcement - ah, the suspense! Any day....

*Mirage* said...

Cute blanket! :) You know waiting it out is hard, but good for you for doing it! My first was 12 days early so I wasn't expecting it when my second was 2 days "late." It felt so long!