Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I need your help!

I was given a gift.  
Problem is, neither the giver nor the givee (that'd be me) knows what it is.

Giver says they look like something I might use.

I agree.

But what do I do with them?

are these things?

(The spatula is just there for a size reference.  Please excuse the fact that it is dirty.  I was using it for something else at the time I took the pictures, and it was handy, ok?)

There are 5 or 6 of these circle, non-stick type things ... all with different pictures.

We have our theories, but still aren't sure.  What do you think?  Have you ever seen anything like them?


Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

hmmmm.. do you think they could be some kind of cookie mold??
No names or anything on them???

Amy said...

Cookie mold has been one of my guesses. It would be as big as a dinner plate, and I have no idea what kind of dough to use that would keep it from falling to pieces! Any suggestions?

There is no brand name or writing of any kind on them. Nothing.

brwilliams said...

What is it make out of?
Heavey duty play dough press?

Amy said...

Ha! Playdough... that's funny. And that's what it's going to have to be relegated to if I can't figure out how to cook with it!

It is about the thickness / weight of a non-stick muffin pan. I guess made out of the same stuff.

Kimberly Carpenter said...

Cookie Molds???? If so, Spray them like crazy before using...I had a mold that tore every cookie I tried to bake in it.

Kristin said...

Really thin Jello molds? Haha. I like the really big playdough press idea myself.

Jennifer said...

First let me say I loved that post from yesterday...I could never in a million years load all those pictures - way too frustrating! But it makes it so much fun to read. And thanks for the link to the Daniel family...they are, indeed, in my neck of the woods (and what a story!)

As for the gifts...they look like some type of press...maybe a cake press - that you would press a design onto a cake with fondant icing. I'm not really a baker and I'm going out on a limb here - but I do have some cookie presses that are similar just smaller.

Have fun with 'em!

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to figure out how to do pancakes & then flip them out


Twisted Cinderella said...

Maybe you put them in the bottom of a round cake pan so that when you tip the cake out of the pan when it is cooked, it has that pattern on it?

Cindy said...

I actually know what these are because one of my sisters is an awesome cook. What I cannot figure out is why the giver of this gift did not give you the entire thing. Those are the bottoms of a spring form interchangeable cake pan and it is probably vintage.

Kara said...

I was going to say it looks antique, and I love antiques so if you don't get to use them for anything else I'd hang them on the wall of your kitchen:) I'd also try putting chocolate in them, like a candy mold, just so I'd have an excuse to eat some chocolate, ha!

Amy said...

Yay Nigel's Mom!! If I was giving away a prize, you would win it. Too bad I didn't think of a prize before! ;)

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

Of course you know that if I ever make anything using these fine .... things... it will be on the blog!! :)