Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh the blog....

....it is a-suffering.

Here's what's going on around here:

We are getting temporary living quarters ready close to Greg's new school. It's a long story to explain WHY this is best right now, but we are really excited about it. It was amazing and fun to see how God provided this and all the things he provided. There will be more on that in the weeks ahead.

We were hoping to go spend a few days there late this week or early next, but because of some stuff going on with Alan we are sticking close to home for now. Not sure when our first nights in the new place will be.

We are planning to start Kindergarten on August 4th. That will be Daddy's first day at school with kids so that will be our first day, too. As soon as we get a chance, Dale and I will be going shopping together for school supplies and a box. Yay!

I'm thinking about posting about our curriculum here, if for no other reason than the fact that I think about it a lot and it would at least be something going up on the blog! ;)

Other than those things, there isn't a lot going on around here. Doing laundry, eating, trying to keep the house clean.

On the subject of eating, I'll leave you with a recipe for the discovery I made in the kitchen this weekend. I was so excited!

We have several boxes of jello that need to be used, and on a whim I poured one into some pancake batter. Yum!

Be advised, if you aren't big on 'colored' food these may not be for you. They sure made for a bright pink breakfast!
However... the colored batter would be great fun to use for
pancake shapes!

I bet you could empty a box of jello into whatever boxed pancake mix you are using, but on this particular day I was using a recipe. I made these twice, using sugar-free jello one day and regular the next, and I couldn't tell the difference! (The first day was strawberry, the second day was cherry w/ chocolate chips! Cherry-covered chocolate!)

1 egg
1 cup milk
2 Tb oil
1 cup all-purpose flour (I like to use 1/2 c. whole wheat & 1/2 c white)
1 box any flavored gelatin
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Beat egg; add remaining ingredients in order listed and stir until smooth.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kimberly Carpenter said...

Yummo! That sounds like a very fun breakfast! Keep me posted on what Alan thinks of Dale's school. I bet he will be joining in at every opportunity. :) Micah doesn't like to just watch anything!