Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dale-isms

I haven't devoted a whole post to my little buddy lately. And for no good reason either... he sure says enough to earn plenty of blog time!

A couple of my recent favorites...

Dale sometimes calls Mimi (my mom) 'Meems', just for fun.
This weekend:
"Hey! There's Meems! That's her nick-nack name you know."


And another....

Dale has made several new friends lately, one of which is a 4 1/2 year old little girl, S.

Yesterday he tells me:
"Listen to this song S told me:
'Hanky Doodle went to town,
riding on a pony,
stuck a feather in his hat,
and it turned into a monkey!'"

Followed by hysterical laughter, of course. The funny part? S did teach him the monkey part.
But Hanky Doodle? He came up with that all on his own!!


1 comment:

Arkansas Grandma said...

Ahhh, the first grandchild, they will always have a "special place" in a grandparent's heart!
[Of course the 2nd and 3rd do too ;)] But my first grandchild is pretty cool.