Monday, July 28, 2008

Living the wild life. Umm...make that living WITH the wildlife!

Sunday morning we were between breakfast and getting ready for church when Greg called out, "Whoa! Look in the backyard!"

I couldn't imagine what I might see when I got to the window, but didn't expect to see this:
We're no bird experts, but this appears to us to be a wild turkey!

We're not sure if it flew in or walked in through the gate we'd left open, but he couldn't seem to get out. Greg went out to get a better picture. He followed the bird around a round or two, but before he could get a picture it gave a gobble and flew over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

The temptation was great to call her up and say "look in your back yard!" but I controlled myself. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hahaha, that's awesome. You should have called her.