Monday, June 23, 2008

It's the most - won-der-ful time - of the daaaay!

We recently (as in yesterday) re-instituted Dale's afternoon nap.

This was mainly due to the increasing incidents involving random tears, along with some challenging ... umm...behavior issues.

Ahem.

Clearly, this is a boy who needs his sleep.

Proven by the fact that yesterday, his first afternoon nap in a couple of weeks, he slept THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

Yeah.

So Dale is napping again. And Alan is on his second nap of the day!
Earlier this week we put him back on two-a-days since he insists on getting up at the crack. of. dawn. every. day. these days.

And have you happened to notice what time dawn actually is? Wow. So the younger half of this household is getting more sleep now. The older half is just drinking more caffeine. :)

Ok, so not really. But it was fun to say.

I don't know how we're managing to hold up, to tell you the truth. But I am not a napper. I wake up from naps in worse shape than when I laid down. :( Hot, grumpy, sleepy, and mad that I missed out on 'x' number of minutes/hours of my day. Unless I'm pregnant. And then I nap. :)

But these days, instead of napping, I love the peace, quiet, and freedom that comes while the younger half sleeps. Ahh... I read, I blog, I catch up on housework.

Ok, you got me again. I don't really do housework while they sleep. But it is good in theory.
I could.
I should.
I might.

But not today. Today, after I finish this post, I am going to work some more on Dale's kindergarten plans. I've got a pretty good outline for the first two weeks and am just beginning on the third. I don't want to plan too far ahead, because I want to be able to change things as I go to make them work for us.

Naptime seems to be the only time I can get any planning done, since I like to spread out all my stuff in the floor and look it over. And we know how that goes with a toddler!

So... off I go!

How do you like to spend your alone times?

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I treasure alone time! I read, I blog, I write poetry, I craft. Love it!

Michelle said...

I don't have your nap problem. I can sleep anytime, anywhere, and still go to bed right on time at night. BUT on those days that I don't nap with the girls, I loooooove to....
1. read a good book
2. sweep the kitchen (seriously--sweeping when there are 3 sets of little feet running around all over it is just impossible)
3. watch a silly movie and fold laundry
4. iron--2 reasons: a.) love to iron, something about the instant gratification of it, feel better about it when there are no little fingers that could get burned; b.) acts of service is one of Chad's love languages, and ironed shirts just "do" it for him :-)
Wow, long answer from me today!