Thursday, September 3, 2009

Seeking inspiration

I've been trying this week to get up to an alarm and get a couple of things done before the boys get up.

And by "get a couple of things done" I mean allow my eyes to come into focus and then stumble into the kitchen to read my Bible.

Maybe some coffee, juice, or ice water, but I don't like to get carried away so soon after dragging myself from bed.

One morning this week my alarm had gone off but I couldn't quite bring myself to pry myself from my pillow. I wished for some thought or scripture for inspiration, but there wasn't one single Bible within arms reach.

However, I did remember my pretty Verse-a-Day perpetual calendar that lives on our headboard. You know... the one that was still sitting on the verse for July 27.

I reached over my head and held the calendar to the light from the window while turning to September.

You want to know the verse that greeted me for that very day?

"And in the morning, rising a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." Mark 1:35

Umm... okay, Lord, 'nuff said. I'll get up now!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Love it. Sometimes He speaks to us so clearly doesn't he:) And since it has been so long since I have visited I notice a congrats is in order!! So happy you are expecting:)