Friday, September 25, 2009

Preschool Color Matching

When Dale was preschool age we did fun school-y type things basically because... well... it was fun!

Now that Alan is coming-of-age, we still do them because they are fun, but these little activities also have a new purpose: keeping Alan involved doing his own "school" while Dale does his!

This particular activity can be found in several places online. I don't remember where I first saw it.

It is great for recognizing and matching colors, and for building small motor skills.

You will need: paint samples, clothes pins, glue.
From any store that sells paint, grab two paint sample cards for each color you want to practice matching.
Cut apart one set of cards, and glue one color to each clothes pin.
Have fun matching!
Since our cards came with several shades, I chose to start simply with just the lightest and darkest of each color. Now that Alan has pretty much mastered those, maybe it's time to put the middle shades into the mix... or branch out and add in more secondary colors.

Either way, this game is one of his favorites, and always a hit to pull out during school!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I think my almost 3-year old would love this activity ~ poor little guy, he does seem to get left out while I'm working with my k'er and 2nd grader, this would be a great thing to put together for him. Thanks for the idea!