Thursday, January 8, 2009

Could you use that in a sentence please?

Yesterday I was asking Dale to spell a series of words out loud: 'has', 'the', 'ran', 'and', & 'faith', our character trait for the week.

After he spelled his words he turned the tables and said, "Now you spell..... 'synagogue'."

Whaaaaat?!?

Synagogue!???

But I didn't ask any questions. I just spelled it!

**********************

We started back with regular school plans this week, after a month or so of this & that around Christmas. We are going to spend the spring alternating between finishing our character traits book and working our way through Five In a Row, Vol II.

This week is 'faith'. Instead of memorizing a Scripture on faith, Dale is learning a simple definition (believing God will do what he says) and the poem "I Never Saw a Moor" by Emily Dickinson.

Next week our character trait is 'creativity'! I've got some fun things planned for that one! :)

And finally.... I promise, Part 4 (which should bring us up to date) of Alan's Story should be coming soon.... maybe this weekend??

***************

I Never Saw a Moor

Emily Dickinson

I never saw a moor,
I never saw the sea;
Yet know I how the heather looks,
And what a wave must be.

I never spoke with God,
Nor visited in heaven;
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the chart were given.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! I would have loved to have seen your face when he pulled that word up. Nana

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed the poem..."Yet certain am I" what a great line!! Happy school days!