Friday, August 3, 2007

Take a big breath and....

I have a habit of going into each of the boys' rooms and checking on them very last thing before I go to sleep. Tuesday night when I went Dale's room he was already asleep, and as I pulled his sheet up over him he raised up in bed and began looking for his bunny. (We HAVE to have the bunny to sleep. We have spares, but he can tell them apart and will only accept certain ones!) When he found his bunny Tuesday night as I was tucking him in, he said (all sleepy and cute), "cover my bunny up too." Awwwww. :)
Alan is getting so close to pulling up! He tried on his saucer today, but it wasn't stable enough. It wouldn't suprise me if he just skipped crawling all-together.
Kid Camp Report: Water Wednesday!
Got a tub full of water and a good bit of dishwashing soap and made bubbles! We gathered up everything we could find that had holes in it. :)

If we're going to do it again, I have to get some glycerin to make bubbles we can blow into the air. We had a good time with what we had, though. We had the best luck with the straw. Dale kept chanting (kind of with the same rhythm as 'W'ere #1!') - "We're making bubbles!" He played for a long time right after we set everything up, and then we left it out for the day and he came back through several more times to keep playing. I think it was a hit! :)














Kristin came to see us in the afternoon. She had an exciting day. She was parked under a pretty big shade-tree at work and came out to find a huge limb had fallen on her car! It didn't break any glass, but left a pretty major dent in the roof:















I love all the ways Dale can make Alan laugh. Today it was by spitting little bits of (still dry) saltine crackers at him. Yes - I let this activity go on. They were both happy, the risk of injury was small, and I already had to sweep anyway. :)

No comments: