Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jiggling act

Hallelujah! Alan slept until 7:30 Monday morning! Considering his wake-up times lately, that is pretty incredible! I was able to actually get up before him and do my thing while he was still sleeping. Nice.
Was a very typical weekday for us. A good day. Got out in the a.m. to see Nana & PawPaw. Dale was dying to show them his new loader - still a very hot item at our house! :)

Some Dale-isms from Monday:
"Mama, I have 11 toes. How many do you have?" Upon hearing I only had ten, Dale sat down to count his and show me his 11. He counted three times. If he was disappointed to find one missing he didn't let it show.

Playing with play-dough, Dale stuck the whole wad against his face, covering his eyes and all. He said, "Mama - close you eyes."
I did, and said so.
Dale then says, "Can you see me?"
"No."
"Why not?"
Uhhhh....well, Dale, because my eyes were closed!!!

Finally, playing with Alan's plastic blocks, Dale took one in each hand and said, "Mama, I'm going to teach you how to jiggle." I thought he was going to dance with them or something. I sat up and got ready for my jiggling lesson, and Dale began to throw the blocks in the air. "You throw them up and catch them, Mama. That's how you jiggle."

And some Alan pics:

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ahhh, sleep blessed sleep! I hope he keeps sleeping so well. :-)