Friday, August 3, 2007

Slushes, sloshes, sprinklers & car washes!

Alan - untying my shoe!
Good thing I went to bed early last night....because Alan was up at 6 this morning! What is with these early mornings!?! Since I want to get on to bed now in preparation for tomorrow's early call, I will spare you all the details of our morning (we cleaned house, we played... all the usual) and skip to the 'good stuff'.
Daddy got to come home early today, so he was home by 2:00. Yay! I had to go to the post office, so Dale rode with me. We were going to get sno-cones while we were out, but I gave him the choice of Sonic, since Sonic has re-instated half-price drinks in the afternoons. Dale picked Sonic. Yay! Slushes for us. :)


Around supper time, Mimi called and said she had a suprise for Dale for Fun Friday, and he would need his swimsuit. We couldn't imagine. It was a 'car wash'!! Dale ran through ONCE before he realized - "Hey! Can a put my blue car in here?!"

I bet he 'drove' a mile this evening in that little blue car...round and round. Once, after almost an hour, he was sitting still in the car just looking at the car wash. Mimi asked, "Are you getting tired?" Dale said, "No, I'm just waiting for the car in front of me to get done." :) I love that imagination! Sure enough, he sat there for a few more moments and then drove on through! :)














Of course Alan got to get in on the action, too:
















Most definitely qualified for "Fun Friday". Thank goodness it's only 5 days until Water Wednesday! :)

Just kidding.... I'm sure the little blue car will need washing even before then. ;-)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww...don't you love those moments when they make you laugh and realize that God gave YOU this precious little person? I hope your water bill doesn't skyrocket with your new car wash business!
Love,
Michelle

fairenuff said...

I just LOVE the first photo of Alan with the shoelace. Not only is it a fabulous photo of Alan (such a cutie) but it also captures a shoelace in mid-air! You should get a medal for that one!
Dale sounds like he has the same sort of imagination as Bethany, the "I'm just waiting for the car in front" is exactly the sort of thing she would do!
I wish so much that we lived near each other - if only because I want to steal the car wash! LOL
No seriously, our kids would love each other. I can see Bethany and Dale getting along like best friends and Eloise being fascinated with Alan, trying to mother him!
Big hugs to you all. Keep planting those kisses on the boys from me.
Love
Sam
xxx

Amy said...

Wow! I hadn't noticed the shoelace until you pointed it out...that is incredible!! I'll be watching the mail for my medal - from who or where I'm not sure! Lol.
I too, have wished we and our kids could meet. I'm sure Bethany and Eloise could teach Dale some dance moves! :)