Sunday, July 29, 2007

music genes & mac'n cheese

Humph. I guess I've quit taking pictures.... I have no new ones to share!

Today was church day. The last Sunday of every month is potluck lunch. Today I brought mashed potatoes and a peach cobbler. This time after lunch we all gathered back together for a devotion and singing. Dale did his first real singing in front of people! He sang Jesus Loves Me into a microphone while Mimi played it on the piano. He did a great job as far as not being nervous or acting silly or anything. And he really does have a good sense of pitch for a preschooler. Yay! He just may have inherited Greg's music gene!! :)

First night with Alan's new pump went ok... it's supposed to last 9 hours, but we still had formula left after about 10. :(? We decided to run it at a faster rate tonight and see what happens. Alan had a little nap during church and then a longer one in the afternoon. No 2 hour+ ones, but we all made the day ok. :)

Had tons of leftover potatoes and just enough cobbler to share, so we took them over to Mimi & Gramps' house to combine with their leftovers from today (mac&cheese). Even though he had just nursed, Alan was really wanting to eat off Mimi's plate, so we set him up in the highchair with some macaroni. I'm not sure how much he ate (if any), but wow squishing it in his fist was so much fun! Now that's where I should have had my camera! ;)

1 comment:

fairenuff said...

A day without pictures is like a day without sunshine! LOL

I wish I had seen Dale singing. I bet it was beautiful. I love that song and I think Bethany knows it too. Maybe you could get him to sing it at home, video it on your camera and load it on One True Media?!

Oh those darn pumps. I remember them well. I hope it works out right tonight and you run out of milk at just the right time!

You remember how we talked about the different names for food... I thought you meant McDonalds and Cheese (until I carried on reading!).

Big hugs to you all.
Love
Sam
xxx