Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Here and there and why, why, why?

More rain, rain, rain today. We are going to wash away!!
Mrs. Shelley came today. I know I say it every week, but Dale really loves when she comes! He has so many things to tell her, and then he wants to try out all her stuff! She is always so good to listen to him and include him in everything. She has a daughter his age. Alan was sleeping so good when she got here, and we had to wake him up! :(

Greg took Dale with him late morning to get our van inspected. He did his truck yesterday. They got milk and bread while they were out, and we had a late lunch when they came back.

I spent a lot of time on the computer today. I always regret days like that. Today wasn't any big chunks of time, just lots of checking in on things here and there ....liver families, watching the radar (we had about 3 different thunderstorms come over), email, checking for blog and caring bridge updates....just keeping myself busy, and away from things I should be doing!

Greg made a lot of progress on the bathroom. Here is the story on the bathroom: There was wallpaper when we moved in. We lived with it for nearly 3 years, and then it had to come down - it was beginning to tear and peel in quite a few places. So, one day several weeks ago we jumped right in and started peeling paper. Ooh.... not good. The top vinyl-like layer separated from the gluey-paper underlayer. The underlayer stuck terribly to the dry-wall. It took hours and hours of scraping that stuff off of un-plastered drywall. Then Greg sanded up the rough places, and we (mostly he) puttied the uneven places. It is definitely imperfect, but our plan all along has been to put up texture. Our hope is that this will disguise the little imperfections. So, before the texture can go up, the walls have to be primed. That is the last thing Greg did tonight. We are ready for texture tomorrow! :) (Don't you love my "we"? I helped make the big mess of peeling the paper, and played with a putty knife long enough to know how hard it is, and that's about all the help I've been! This was supposed to be a project we do together! Ah well...I'm directing. :) (yeah, right) )

I've had lots of why questions today...
Why are we having torrential rains and flooding after two years of severe drought?

Why is it that every time Alan throws up his vitamins I was the one who gave them... never Greg?
Why is it that we hurt the most over those we love? I know the answer to that one. If we don't love we don't care nearly as much. When we love, we open ourselves up to the risk of so many kinds of hurt. But isn't it worth it? Think of those you hold dearest.... yes...it's worth the risk. :)

Dale has a routine of making sure there is a glass of water by his bed each night when we turn out the light and leave the room. Tonight he ordered up a glass of water, with ice, in the cup that was already sitting on the shelf. After waiting for him to ask politely, I grabbed the cup and stood to go fill it. Playfully teasing, I flicked in his direction, thinking a few drops of water would be in the bottom. Instead, Dale got splashed right in the face with a couple of tablespoons of ice cold water! I felt so bad! But he's a very good sport and just laughed. I sure love that little boy!

Also at bedtime tonight.... Greg, Dale, and I always pray together at bedtime. Dale always prays last. We try to model for him some of the things he can and/or should pray. Lately Greg has been including "please forgive me for the wrong things I've done". Tonight Dale added in his version of that, saying, "please watch out for the bad things I've done." LOL!!

I think Alan must have had a bad day. He just seemed so fussy. :( I'm sure this is because I posted in his Caring Bridge about how great he is doing. :) Maybe it is just because he didn't get to finish that morning nap and was 'off' all day after that...? I found myself just seeing us having to find a dr. late in the afternoon on the day before July 4th!!! (Not that he was feeling THAT bad...but he starts acting even the little bit funny and I have to wonder! Things can change so quickly...)
I found out today he is the only baby in our whole region (Texas & OK) under 1 year with his blood type waiting for a liver transplant. I have no idea what this means as far as wait time. But it was a stunning discovery. Kind of took my breath away and made my heart race!


New link I want to share: http://simple-journeys.blogspot.com/ Pretty pictures, interesting reading, and more fun things to come, I'm sure! :) Can you guess who this blog belongs to? (and it's not mine!)

Time to go readminister vitamins and start tonight's feed. And .... ta-da!!! I'm done with today's blog before 10:00!!! Yay! :)

No comments: