Friday, July 13, 2007

How are you peeling?

Okay, this one's going to be a shorty. It's been a tough day. Alan has been SO needy. My only guess on days like this is that he doesn't feel good. Not sure exactly what/how, but a person with a vital organ in bad enough shape it needs to be replaced can't feel all that great all the time, ya know? So, he got held a LOT today... by me mostly. Greg spent the day in the bathroom - again. No.... not done yet, but he made lots and lots of progress!! It's starting to look like a real room again, instead of disaster area and/or work in progress!! :)

Dale started out the day pretty grumpy, but finally got over it by late morning. He finger-painted today, and also played Lego's. He's been wanting to spend the night with Mimi & Gramps, so we sent him over there tonight, wearing his Lego's shirt (his idea) with his stuff packed in his yellow Lego's bucket (my idea). The past couple of times he's stayed the night with them he's had some homesickness issues at bedtime, so I'm anxious to hear tomorrow how that worked out.

With Dale out for the night, Greg and I planned on spending the evening in the tub together. No, no, no...not like that .... peeling old caulk!! :) Alan was down for a late nap, so we worked together for a little while and then he was up again. He hasn't slept worth a darn today. He also wasn't very interested in his solids today, and threw up his vitamins. We haven't started his feed yet - it's all set up and ready to go, but we're pretty nervous about him staying asleep and the formula staying down...
Anyway.... back to the caulk.... once Alan was awake, I requested Greg take Alan duty and let me sink my mind into a project for a while. I'm exhausted from hauling that baby around all day today! That didn't last too long though.... Greg often has a way with Alan, but sometimes mommy is still best. :) So I nursed Alan and watched tv. Hey... tv or peeling old caulk? You decide. :)

No comments: