Thursday, July 12, 2007

If you like to talk to tomatoes...

After fitting 5 days of camping into my previous post, this one may seem a little dry! Ah well... back to life as usual. :)

First thing this morning Greg went outside to get something and I heard him talking to our next door neighbor, but he was looking in the direction of the street. I was kind of confused... Turns out she was pointing out to him a turtle in the street! Greg went and rescued it and we put it in Dale's swimming pool (with just a little bit of water and some lettuce) in the shade for the day. Oops! I forgot to get a picture! Anyway... Dale enjoyed checking in on him throughout the day, and then this evening we released him into the fenced in backyard. I learned from experience when I was a kid that those turtles are pretty good escape artists, so I don't expect our new friend to hang around for long. Too bad... he might be able to cut down that mosquito population some!!
Greg and Dale went to Paris (again!) after breakfast this morning (my, that seems to happen often!). This time they spent the entire morning at The Home Depot getting everything needed to finish the bathroom project. Lesson #1 of home improvement projects.... it's always going to be a bigger project than you orginially thought!


Alan had a wonderfully long nap this morning, and I spent that time cleaning up around the house and doing laundry, laundry, and more laundry getting caught up from our trip. He woke up in a great mood and we played together for a long time. He played happily in his highchair while I got lunch ready for my returning shoppers.


After lunch Greg set right in on priming the walls in the bathroom. Tomorrow, actual paint goes up! After that will be detail work, and then...? Will we actually be done?!?

Dale has been on a big Veggie Tales kick lately. There is an old cassette of mine of Veggie Tales songs that he insists we listen to whenever we go anywhere. He has learned most of the words. Handy for him that it is summer garden time.... he got his hands on some of that produce on the kitchen table today and set right in with Bob & Larry, etc, singing the theme song and having conversations:


The tomatoes and squash were already sitting out - he requested the cucumber from the refrigerator himself!

And below... my work of the evening... the camping slide show!!

It is a great illustration for yesterday's blog entry, so be sure and read that first!! :)
Well pooey... I had it so you could watch the slide show right here in the blog.... I thought that was pretty cool! Except.... the blog margins were too small and the right 1/3 of the pictures were cut off. :( So... I have to settle for a link. *sigh*. Oh well....! :)

View this montage created at One True Media
July 2007 Camping Trip

1 comment:

fairenuff said...

I love, love, love the slideshow. What a genius you are! And I must say, that 'Sam' woman gave you a great idea!! LOL

Glad you had a good time. Sending all my love and hugs and veggies!
Sam
xxx