Thursday, November 29, 2012

More decking of the halls...

Took down a few 'rest of the year' things and replaced them with Christmas items today.  
Some decorative, some FUNctional.  Some of the decorating is easy: place items in the same place as last year, and the year before, and the year before that...
May be boring but it sure is quick(er) and easy!

Daddy Buffalo decided to do something different in addition to the standard outside lights we've done for several years now.  You'd have thought we were setting up a winter wonderland the way the boys were jumping up and down with excitement.
Truly warmed my heart to see them so thrilled with simple lights on a tree.

And speaking of trees...
We got this one up.  With a 1 year old in the house I decided to leave off some of the more breakable ornaments.  Still lost one though.  Thanks to a little Buffalo my Ornament o' the Year for 1991 is now busted.  I think a little superglue will fix him right up (the ornament, not the kid), but sure hated having one go down.  And yes, I was briefly quite angry, but squelched it in record time.  Just didn't seem right to get mad at the kiddos over a silly tree celebrating the birth of the Savior.  Still.... I think I'll be even more selective of the ornaments I allow out for another couple of years!

Do you decorate?  Does everything go back to the same place each year, or do you like to mix it up?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I change maybe one thing each year-mostly I decorate the same. I will begin this weekend. I also get down my Christmas dishes and use them the entire month!

Karen said...

The girls broke one of my irreplaceable ornaments last year. I felt that same brief anger - they can be so careless at times. But in the end, people come before things and I got over it in record time. But this year we're not getting out all the ornaments - Miss Lili is just too untrustworthy right now. ;)