Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm ba-ack!

So. Did you miss me? ;-)

We’ve been back in the hospital.

Again.

In a lot of ways it was such a “no big deal” type thing.

Except for that part about being away from Dale. And home.

And Alan having to get needle stuck a couple of times a day.

Those parts aren’t so great.

But the rest of it is ok. I get to have Greg on a random weekday. That’s fun.

I don’t have to do dishes. Or cook. Food is delivered right to our door!

And I have my computer. With internet.

EXCEPT…. apparently the hospital’s internet service now blocks Blogger blogs.

About half the blogs I read are Blogger.

Including my own!

So I had to get more creative with my computer time.

And just *gasp* do something else! Like read a book!

I was able to finish book 3 of the Chronicles of Narnia. Or apparently book 2, depending on how you count it. Can anyone explain that to me? Why does The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe get counted as the first book so often? Why is The Magician’s Nephew looked over? I don’t get it. But I like the books. I highly recommend them. But start with The Magician’s Nephew. Book 1. Or Book 0.5 - depending on how you count it. ;)

So now we're back home.

Back to life as usual. For now. ;)

2 comments:

fairenuff said...

OF COURSE I missed you!!!

Karen said...

The deal with Chronicles of Narnia is whether you read them in publication order or chronological order. Most publishers now number them chronologically, therefore starting with The Magician's Nephew.

Lewis actually wrote The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe first so that one is first in publication order.

I read them in publication order, as Lewis intended. But it's just a personal preference thing. :) You can find the lists for either way online, or just use the publication dates from inside the books.

And I'm glad you're back & I hope Alan is well! :)