Friday, March 21, 2008

I've been shopping again. :)

What a splendid treat! Mom and I got to do a little shopping today, just the two of us!

Together! Shopping! With no kids!

It was magnificent.

The main objective was to get summer church-clothes for Dale and find (hopefully matching) Easter outfits for the boys. Even though Alan won't be going to church, since we are supposed to keep him out of public for as much as possible for the first 3-6 months after transplant. But I still want to dress him up and take pictures and all that. :) I also figure this will be the last time I will be able to dress them in matching clothes. Dale still fits into a 5T, which is often on a rack with things all the way down to 24 months, which is what Alan wears. Once Dale grows out of 5T, by the time Alan catches up with them, I imagine he will be too old to want to dress like his little brother! :)

So.... off we went.... shopping.

Our first store was the last place I had found success in shopping for Dale, and it was a great disappointment. As was store #2.

It seems that little boys don't wear pants to dress up anymore. All I wanted was a pair of khaki pants and a pair of navy pants, with a few shirts to match. Was that so much to ask? Apparently so.

Most of the dress-up stuff was short sets! Well, there was that one rack of pants for $36 a pair.

No thank you. Greg and I don't pay that much for our pants. Why would I pay that for a pair that isn't even 3 feet long?!

But then there was stop #3. Bingo!

Not only did I find very nice khaki & navy pants for half the price of store #2, plus two different matching shirts for the boys (one set was even 40% off!)....

but I also found...

Winter. Clearance.

Brace yourselves.....

I brought home 13 winter items for Dale for under $35!

Several shirts, 3 pair of pants, 2 two-piece sets (corduroy pants and a heavy shirt to match), 1 three-piece outfit (sweatsuit), and a jacket.

Get out!

I was SO excited! I presented Dale with about half of it when we got home, and the rest I hid away as surprises or birthday or Christmas gifts for later. Between the winter stuff he saw today and the new summer church-clothes and the new summer shoes I also got, he had a blast!

So for those of you interested... let this be your reminder.... the time is right to find winter stuff on clearance. Go shopping!! And pay a 1/3 of the price you would find yourself paying next October. :)

*However.., I wouldn't recommend doing your heavy-duty clothes buying trip on the same day as a big grocery trip 2 days before a big Sunday Dinner holiday. Go ahead....ask me how I know. And yes.... we're exhausted! But it was oh-so-worth-it! :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love a good deal. I usually come away from shopping trips like that just plain giddy. Love it! :)

Melissa Stover said...

good deals are so exciting. i came home with 2 coats a few days ago for $4 each.

Mommy said...

YHEA!!! Glad you found all those great deals. I know what you mean about the short sets. But on a two year old, I think they are adorable. :)