Friday, January 27, 2012

The power of words

Dear Kind Lady in Bath & Body Works,


Thank you for your sincere words yesterday.  You were leaving the store as my 4 children and I were coming in.  It means so much to me that you interrupted your day for almost a full minute to admire my little family. 


You see, just last week another not-so-kind-lady woman tallied up 2 well-behaved big boys, a quiet baby in my arms, and a wiggly (but quiet) toddler in my husband's arms and called us "gluttons for punishment."  She may have said it with a smile, but I found her comment to be extremely insulting and may or may not have had the urge to poke her in the eye.  Instead I smiled and said nothing, too stunned at her rudeness to know what to say.


You, on the other hand, were easy to talk to and such a blessing to me as you stopped to look into each child's face, admire them all, and say with such sincerity "What a blessing!"


You just might have made my day.  And I'm still smiling this morning.


"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Aw. :-) I love each and every one of them!

Lisa said...

Isn't it nice how the Lord sends us the sweet to chase away the bitter?

Kristen | Ello Poppet Blog said...

Agreeing with Lisa, God always sends us something sweet for the sour! Some people dont admire Gods work and that is their loss. You have a beautiful family(:

I get those same comments and snares sometimes too and I just simply smile and go on...No need to entice satan in my opinion! Hope you have a great weekend, blessings, K

Cindy said...

Everyone that lives outside of the box that everyone expects them to live in gets these rude remarks. Dear girl, everyone is an expert it seems these days and everyone knows better than you how you should live, right? Wrong! People do the same thing to me in regard to my trying to save animals. The worlds full of them! Why try to save a life when there are billions of others? My feeling is always the same when I hear those type remarks. As Dickens wrote "in the eyes of Heaven, which life is worth the most?" The condemner might find they are odd man out when it comes to their value in the eyes of Heaven. I feel your pain at the cruel remarks but they were made in ignorance.

Linda Jacobs said...

Amazing how some people can be so cruel and thoughtless. Love the balance here! And those cute faces!

Michelle said...

I love this picture of your blessings!