Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm sure he meant well. Really.


All the fam was excited this weekend to get a surprise visit from my sister.

The boys are crazy about her and were thrilled to get to spend all day Saturday and even Saturday night with Mimi & Gramps and Kristin. And maybe I was happy about it, too. ;)

Because of all this togetherness, Dale was with Kristin when she bought a new pair of shoes on Saturday.

As we were saying our goodbyes today, Dale looked around and noticed Kristin's new shoes in a stack of things to be taken back home with her.

Wanting to say nice things in addition to all the "I had funs" and the "can't wait to see you agains", Dale pointed to the shoes and said....

"I like your new shoes Kristin. They're going to make you.....

(here he searched for juuuust the right compliment)

... they're going to make you look like a sissy!!"

And out the door he went, leaving Kristin behind in his wake of good cheer.

She was flattered.

I think.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That is funny. There can be no doubt that was a super compliment. Think about it, if on the other hand, he had said "Those shoes will make you look macho" would not have been so good.