Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WFMW - Tablecloths & Kids

Our kitchen table is our central headquarters for school, meal & snack-times, and pretty much everything else.

Sometimes I like to keep a tablecloth and centerpiece on it, but then it ends up folded back on itself a lot to keep it clean.

Lately though, I've discovered using our kid card-table. For breakfast and lunch when it's just me and the boys, they can eat at that table, and I eat "on-the-go". (A.K.A "standing up")
While not ideal long term, it works great for me, especially since we always all sit down together (at the 'real' table) for supper.

This arrangement is also good for coloring and gluing stuff. Keeps them nearby while I'm working in the kitchen (and out of trouble elsewhere) and I still have a pretty table to look at while I work.

Works for me! Especially during the holidays. Be sure and visit Rocks in my Dryer to see what is working for others. :)

3 comments:

Audra Krell said...

That's a great idea. It worked for me too, when our boys were younger. It saved a lot of clean up time! Great looking blog!

Anonymous said...

That great idea. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Save the tablecloths!

Love it. Brilliant.

Such an easy solution that allows you to maintain the beauty while freeing your kids to be, well, kids.

Great idea.