Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Because anything less would be just plain rude

As part of this week's lessons on thankfulness I read Dale the story of the 10 lepers today.
(Luke 17:11-19)

The one about the time Jesus healed 10 lepers and only 1 came back to say 'thank you'.

I wasn't sure if Dale was even listening, so we kind of 'retold' it to each other after I finished reading. And whaddya know? He was listening! He knew the details very well. I'm going to like this
Charlotte Mason narration stuff! :)

So at supper tonight as Dale was telling Daddy what all we'd done in school today he told a shortened version of his Bible story, ending with:

"And only one came back to say thank you!"

(short pause)

"I guess the other nine thanked him before they left."

4 comments:

fairenuff said...

Out of the mouths of babes, eh?!

Kristin said...

Hahah! I LOVE kid logic!!!

Michelle said...

What THAT means is you have already taught him that "thank you" is important, and it never even crossed his mind that those men would not say thank you. Good job mama and daddy!

Thanks for the blog makeover comment. I just thought "it has been the same for sooooo long" and decided to change. I like it too!

Andrew said...

That's so cute!