Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Praise the Lord for molasses, and other random things

Substitutes can be a wonderful thing.

Lately the boys have had a knack for making a toy out of anything. Here we discovered envelope windows make wonderful kazoos. (In fact, the envelope held up longer than my patience.... and I was the one that started the whole thing!)


Good luck kazooing with your eyeballs....


And then... brass candlesticks make a fine trumpet:

I love seeing what all their creativity can come up with!

And thinking outside the box is helpful for us grownups too. Like yesterday morning - I was already started on a batch of muffins when I discovered I was out of brown sugar. No problem! I just used white sugar with a spoonful of molasses!

And then (I'm a slow learner), I needed brown sugar again last night for baked beans. Handy molasses to the rescue again!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Great imaginations and cute pictures!!