Monday, January 21, 2008

Tag!

I don't want to say this, because I've already started two other posts this week with the exact same words..... but..



Guess what!? :)

I've been tagged! It's my first tag on a blog. My friend
Sam sent me an email and asked me to join in by listing 6 random things about me & then tagging 3 more people.

So....

1. I love cooking. Actually, I love food. So I like to watch a lot of
Food Network and imagine what it would be like to make the food I see on there, if I had the time and money (some of those ingredients are expensive!). And occasionally, I actually DO make something I've seen! If you like food too, you can go to this website and click "Sign Up" to get free magazine subscription with lots of recipes!

2. Even though I love food, there is one that I just don't eat..... watermelon. I know - this is a great shame to anyone living in the south. I try at least a bite and sometimes a whole slice every summer. I have done this for the past 20-something summers. And every year is the same. No thank you on the watermelon. Don't tell my kids. They think you're supposed to like everything.

3. I've been to New York City! Pretty big news for a small-town Texas girl who's only been on 2 major flying trips. Greg and I went to visit his uncle not long after we were married. We bought tickets for a Broadway show in a lobby at the World Trade Center, just 4 months before it wasn't there anymore.

4. I've never been snow skiing. In fact, I have rarely, if ever, seen loose, fluffy, powedery snow. Just that heavy, wet icy stuff we get around here.

5. I had to get a tetanus shot once because my pet hamster bit through my pinky nail. There is a story with that, but I'll save that for another day. I will say that I fared better than the hamster. He lost an eye. (I didn't do it!)

6. I want to learn to knit or crochet. I have tried to teach myself to crochet on 3 separate occasions. The farthest I ever got was about halfway through a hat. It looked more like an over-grown floppy hot mat. If anyone has any tips (or better yet, lessons!) they would like to give, I would more than happily cook something yummy for you as a trade.
Even if it involves watermelon. :)

3 comments:

fairenuff said...

Fantastic! Thank you for joining in.

Dont worry, you're secret is safe with me (#2) and I cant wait for the rest of the hamster story.

Big hugs to you all.
Love you.
Sam
xxx

Linda Jacobs said...

I hate watermelon, too! Yuck!

Came to your site via your mom and have been following Alan's trials. I'm so glad he's out of the hospital and doing better!

Kara said...

I, too, am not a huge watermelon fan:) And I love the food network. When I was so sick with my pregnancies and not eating much I would actually watch it constantly and dream about eating again. Food on TV didn't make me sick because I couldn't smell it, LOL.