Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Point Exactly

Greg and I drove to church this morning, he with new funky glasses and me with a bun in the oven.  It was the first time we would see our church family since making the big announcement on the blog and facebook.


As we rode along, Greg commented on the potential for us to make a little splash upon arrival, what with his different look and our big news.  We then agreed that neither of us like making a splash.  Or making a scene.  We are both blend into the background kind of people.


I then pointed out that it must be difficult to blend into any background with 5 kids in tow.


At this point Dale, unaware of our conversation, pipes up from the backseat, "Hey Daddy!  The next time you go to Walmart or the hardware store can you get some orange spray paint?"


Obvious response from Daddy: "Why?"


"Because me and Alan just saw a mailbox with FLAMES on it and we need to paint flames on our mailbox!"


Yeah... good luck to us and that "blending in" thing.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Haha! You guys needed to liven up your mailbox a little.
Also, I want to sew Greg's new glasses!