Anyone want to guess what I'm about to do in the above picture? Other than wow you with my best Minnie Mouse impression?
We were at my parents' place in the country for a cookout this weekend. My dad and brother-in-law had with them some certain equipment for an activity they had done earlier.
This particular activity is one I have never tried.
As I watched, I wanted to give it a shot, you might say. So my dad relayed important information and let me give it a go.
Did you guess yet?
My target? A 5 month old pumpkin we provided, just for this purpose. With 2 soda cans stacked on top of it.
I lined up carefully, and took my first shot, from about 10 feet away.
(And how 'bout my mom capturing this awesome shot?! And by 'awesome shot' I mean her photo.)
I backed up a few steps (not too many, didn't want to ruin the fun!) and emptied my (Daddy's) weapon.
After this exhilerating experience I went home with a few observations.
1. I have a strong fear of (very healthy respect for?) guns.
2. After holding and firing such a weapon, I still feel the same way. Maybe even more so.
3. That said, I really liked shooting, and will do it again next time I have the opportunity!
4. Guns are way powerful.
5. And still kind of scary.
6. I want my boys to know how to handle them safely.
7. Next time I am backing up another couple of feet, just to see what I can do. :)