Friday, November 11, 2011

Of Sickness & Spies

We woke up Sunday morning with one coughing, feverish little boy.


By Wednesday 5 of the 6 of us had fallen victim to the same bug.  It's the first time I can remember that a sickness has struck and run through the family like wildfire.  I don't think we've ever all gotten the same thing.  (I say "all" loosely...so far Brooklyn has stayed well and we are hoping and praying that remains true!  Yay for breastfeeding!)


And let me tell you, this is more than your run of the mill sniffly cold.  This thing is vicious.  Stubborn fever that lasts for daaaays.  Just for you, I won't elaborate on the snot and coughing.  I'm sure you can imagine.


Greg has managed to work through it all, and we at home have sort of kept up a routine of school and housekeeping.  All in all, things could have been worse.  I'm thankful that there has been no puking (well, except that once when one person's cough got the best of them, but that hardly counts).  I'm also thankful we haven't needed a trip to the doctor, even though we really sweated it (no pun intended) with such a long fever in our transplant boy.  And have I mentioned I'm thankful for the lack of puking.  I'd take a weeklong cold over a 24 hour stomach bug any day.


One thing that has remained constant this week has been our Bible time.  We are just finishing up the Israelites' wandering through the wilderness.  When we discussed the 12 spies that went into Canaan (Numbers 13) Dale read the Bible passage and then summarized parts of it to us, including what the spies' goals were.


Dale:    "to see what the land is like, whether the people are strong or weak, few or many, whether the land is good or bad, too see whether the land is rich or poor, to bring back some of the fruit of the land....."


Alan:   "And to take pictures of everything!"


A future blogger, perhaps?
(And maybe things would have worked out better for those 10 spies if they had taken pictures!)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It's nice to see Alan looking "all better" at the end of the post! :)