Monday, August 8, 2011

A picture may be worth 1,000 words....

... but photography during church is generally not acceptable, so y'all are going to just have to use your imaginations on this one.


As a result of goings-on in the Sunday School hour, we ended up with an entire sheet of foil star stickers on our pew with us during the morning church service.


Dale and Tyler had arrived from Sunday School already covered in various stickers, and I guess Alan decided it was his turn, because somewhere between hymn 1 and hymn 3, he began peeling stickers and carefully adorning himself.


One went directly on the bridge of his nose.


The next two went one at the end of each eyebrow, just before the curve around to his temples.


He turned first to me, and then to Mimi, pointed at his corner stars and whispered, "Look! I have headlights!"


He then proceeded to face the front, blink his eyes rapidly, and drive the imaginary steering wheel in his lap.


I am pleased to report that all stickers were removed from reach before the sermon began.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! It was funny though.

Anonymous said...

Earlier post from Christy

Cindy said...

I do think in this case, it would have been okay to snap a picture of that with your phone. I sure would have liked to have seen that. Once when we were very small, my sister put her crinoline slip on her head during church.

Kristin said...

Haha. Oh man, can they please go ahead and invent teleporting? And it would be handy if "they" made it affordable too...