Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Started with a bang when my replacement camera arrived in the mail Saturday morning!

Saturday afternoon I headed over to my parents' house to give my Mom her mother's day gift.  I had decided several days before that since she always has several projects lined up to work on and can't find the time to get to them, that we would devote the afternoon to completing one together.  By the end of the afternoon she would have a finished art/decor project and we would have spent quality time creating together!  

Well... the wind interfered w/our chosen project, so we had to go to plan B.  The creating was fun, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed not to leave her with something checked off the list.  

Part of our creating involved a hot glue gun.  

We both should have known better.  I have a horrible history with pregnancy and hot things.  This unfortunate tendency ran true Saturday, upholding my pregnancy burn record.  It was one of those laugh or cry situations.  I laughed.  Mostly.

Instead of going home when all the fun was done, I got invited to stay (and my guys to come over) for a bbq dinner my dad made.  Sure was glad he was doing his own creating while we were crafting!

Sunday morning I was treated to breakfast in bed by my buffaloes.  Greg told me Dale thought of it himself  a few days before.  Tyler and I appreciated it very much!  I wish I had a picture of him sitting in the middle of our bed sharing my breakfast.  My only excuse is not thinking of it.  That and the fact that I had only been awake 10 minutes.  

On a related note, do you know how difficult it is to start eating scrambled eggs 90 seconds after waking?

After church Daddy Buffalo picked up some McDonald's for lunch.  I try to be morally opposed to McDonald's, but I am weak when it comes to cheap and the limited choices in our small town.  That and I have suddenly found myself in love with their angus burgers.  Which, by the way, are not cheap, relatively speaking..  I know this simply because my husband will not tell me what they cost.  

He thinks I wouldn't let him get any more for me if I knew.  

I have a feeling he is right.

Sunday afternoon involved a baseball game, during which I fell asleep sitting up in my rocking chair.  (Note to self: go to bed earlier.)

I was awakened suddenly from this unplanned, yet pleasant, nap by the panicked cries from Dale as he burst through the door. 

Seems he had been bee stung.  A little bleach, a little TLC and he was fine.

My dear Rangers, however, had succumbed to an unfortunate grand slam via the opposing team.  It was ugly.

Too bad I couldn't have slept through that.

Because this post is long enough, I will wait for tomorrow to share what I made for my Mom after I got home Saturday night.  I can go ahead show you a picture:
And guess what?  

It's edible!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Man, I am jealous of all that! ...except the burn and the bee sting....