Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Old School Blogging

Way back in 2007 when I started this blog, almost every day I posted a journal entry of what we had done that day.  


And then I learned the "right" way to blog and didn't do that so much anymore.  


Yeah, yeah... whatever.  Here's what we did today:


Alan was my early riser today.  It's somebody different every day.  We spent some cuddle time reading books.  Alan chose two different versions of The Three Little Pigs.  Whatever floats your boat, buddy.  On a related note, here were my observations from reading these two books this morning:

  • Having a cold lends itself to a nice deep gravelly big bad wolf voice.
  • My big bad wolf voice has a slightly cajun flair to it
  • I always thought the song lyrics "jump in bed and cover your head" explained my Christmas Eve fear of Santa breaking & entering visiting, but now I am wondering if it was knowing the story of the wolf's entrance through the chimney.  That chimney visitor wasn't there to bring gifts, ya know?

Our weekly Garden Club at the Library has been moved to mornings (on a new day) due to the heat.  97 degrees ain't cool - in more ways than one - know what I'm sayin'?  So after breakfast and a quick around-the-house cleanup we headed to the library for a lesson on insects and some time spent weeding in the sun.
Due to my having a cold, and being pregnant, and it being HOT I came home and collapsed in my chair in front of the computer for a while to regroup for lunch.


Apparently I was still feeling wiped out from the above conditions, because after lunch i found myself back in my chair.  Again.  From there I could watch Dale and Alan riding their bicycles in the driveway, but Tyler was stuck inside with me.  A new and novel (and possibly redneck) idea struck me, and I dragged (drug?) my rocking chair out the front door onto the porch.  Why have I never thought of this before!!?  Win, win, win!
Back inside for Tyler's nap, and I played Alan in the game of Candyland I owed him.  He won. 
Then I played a few innings of Bible Baseball with Dale.  It's a board game find from garage-saling this weekend and we both love it!  He won.  But in my defense, it isn't all knowledge.  There is some luck and card drawing and dice-rolling involved, ok?  Really!  But still.  I lost in Bible trivia to my 7 year old.
So far that puts us 1-1.  I feel a rematch coming on tomorrow!


Daddy had to work late tonight, so we had leftovers for supper.  By this time Dale and Alan were climbing the walls and driving me nuts so I finally sent them out to play in the water hose. Once again, poor Tyler was feeling left out, so I scooped him up and went to man the hose myself.  
There is something very satisfying about spraying your kids with a fast stream of water and hearing them squeal.  We ended up spending an hour outside!  At the end of which all boys and garden plants were thoroughly watered.

Just in time to get into pjs before welcoming Daddy home. :)



Happy Tuesday, everybody!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Alan looks like he's singing out at the curb!! Remind me to run if I see you with a garden hose!

Kristin said...

Haha, I loved this post, LOL-ed the whole way through! I don't care if it is the "wrong" way to blog or not!

Cindy said...

Could you possibly do a recording of that Cajun sounding bad wolf? That sounds like something I would really enjoy!

Gracie Parker said...

I've been reading you in my google reader for so long I didn't know you had gone all pinky pie over here!!

Your observations on the big bad wolf cracked me up!

You need you a porch couch. Just sayin'. Not that I would know anything about those. Oh, you had some fine story about a porch couch too once, right?!

And I have to say something about your kids driving you nuts makes me feel better. Because you know, mine would never drive me nuts or anything. :)