Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Borrowing clothes from the Emperor's closet

We started a new schedule this week.  More on that in a later post, but first, this:


Dale is our current earliest riser, and we have asked him to get dressed and start a load of laundry first thing.  


This occurs around the same time that I am showering and getting makeup on and all that.


This morning I had yet to see Dale when I got into the shower, but as I was rinsing the shampoo from my hair I heard him thumping and bumping in the bathroom (where we keep the hampers).  


Upon questioning his presence, my hopeful suspicions were confirmed: he was starting the laundry!  Yay for Dale!


As he was leaving the bathroom he told me he had put my clothes in, too.  The pajamas I had tossed in the bathroom floor as I got into the shower didn't really need to be washed yet, but I kept my mouth shut and thanked Dale for his thorough thoughtfulness.  


I had no clue just how thorough he had actually been.


I conditioned my hair and gave it a final rinse before shutting off the water and grabbing my towel.  I stepped out of the shower and continued drying off, and then...


Well then one would want to get dressed, yes?


But then is when I noticed... my clothes were gone.


In an instant I clearly understood what Dale had meant when he said, "I got your clothes, too."  He really meant "clothes."  


I wrapped myself in my towel and made a mad dash for the laundry room, but it was too late.  Understandably, the last things into the hamper were the first ones into the washer.


I was careful not to let my haste and surprise come out as anger or displeasure.


I mean, really, how can you get onto a little dude for a simple mistake when there he is, doing your laundry at 7 o'something in the morning?  Even if your clothes are at the bottom of the washing machine while you stand wrapped in a towel in the laundry room.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You cannot be angry about someone working so diligently. You can be cold and shivery but not angry.

Karen said...

Have to admit this post made me chuckle.

Way to go, Dale! Makes me think it's about time for some young ladies around here to start pulling their laundry weight. ;)

Michelle said...

Hey at least he's doing laundry!