Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where I've Been




In spite of the fact of having a blog and putting all sorts of information out there for the whole wide world to read, I actually tend to be a very private person.

This means that when there is 'stuff' going on, I usually don't blog about it.  And often end up not blogging at all.


Which is exactly where I have been.


It was a long week.  A week that ended in a loved one passing away, followed by the days of preparation, and family, and a funeral service.


This passing was expected.  Prayed for.  In some ways, a relief.


The loss, however, is not a relief.  It is sad.  It is still sinking in.  And though it was expected, I suspect it will continue to surprise me in random moments and memories for weeks and months to come.


And yet, much of the weekend was celebratory.  This was a home-going.  A heavenly reunion.  A face-to-face meeting with our Savior and Creator.  Can you imagine?  Are you ready?  There is only one Way.  Have you trusted Him?


"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  John 14:6


Thanks for your patience, friends.  I'll be back here (hopefully tomorrow!) with all the usual bits of bloggy randomness. :)