Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day!!!

It has been a wonderful Mother's Day weekend here - I hope the same for all of you. Hugs to everyone who has lost a child or mother.

My weekend started with Greg telling me I had the day off Saturday. He wouldn't let me do a THING! :) He made waffles for breakfast and cleaned the kitchen and took care of the boys, and this was all before 10am! Around lunch-time Alan & I headed over to Mom's and she & Kristin and I spent the entire afternoon hi-lighting our hair. We had a great time and did an excellent job on each other, if I do say so myself! To protect the innocent (or is it the guilty...? lol) I will refrain from posting any pictures of the work in progress. :)


For supper we all gathered together for a fish fry! Gramps and Dale (i.e. Gramps) did such a great job fishing Friday we got to eat fresh fish! We lined up our fryers outside and got going. Mom and I were so proud of ourselves - she was cooking fish, I was cooking fries & hush-puppies...the first time for either of us to be fry cooks! And then...distant thunder...a little more thunder...a few big plops of rain, and...the down-pour!! Ever moved a fryer full of hot grease from outside to in? How about 2? In the pouring rain? Lol. Everything turned out great though, and everyone was stuffed, with plenty of leftovers.


When I got home, I saw Greg had planted pink petunias in my pots out front while I had been gone as an early Mother's Day gift from Dale. These were what I had out last year and had the best luck of anything I've ever grown!
(A couple of very smart ladies taught me that daily watering is the key! - Happy Mother's Day to you both! ;) )

Today began with Greg cooking breakfast again (I could get used to this!) and then the rush to get out the door to church, while doing last-minute prep stuff for lunch. We managed to get all 4 of us to Sunday School, and even on time (pretty much, lol)! Alan and I spent most of Sunday School in his private nursery (he was hungry), then we ended up spending most of the sermon back in the nursery (he was restless). Oh well...I still felt like I was at church, and I enjoyed both of those times as special one-on-one time with him.


Lunch was great fun - a hamburger cook-out in our backyard, followed with everyone telling special memories of their moms. We mostly laughed, but we cried some too. Fun continued with an impromptu awards ceremony by Nana and an exchange of gifts.

Alan has had a little bit of a rough day. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he just doesn't seem to feel good. He fell asleep with me holding him today and wouldn't let me put him down, so I just went with it:

Ahhhh...Mother's Day bliss! (or any day for that matter!)

No comments: