Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday, May 11

It's nice to have everyone home in their beds tonight - we all spent the day scattered over north Texas!
Greg drove the middle school band to Dallas on their spring trip. Everything went well, including driving a school bus home through rush-hour traffic!
Dale spent the whole day with Gramps! First man-shopping in Paris, and then on to an afternoon of fishing at the lake with Granddaddy.
Alan and I had a busy day as well. I got to sleep in a little bit since Dale had spent the night with Mimi & Gramps, and Alan had been up from 5am-6am, so he was sleeping late. After breakfast we met Mimi at Wal-mart (reminder to self: our walmart is always out of what you went for, so save yourself the trip!). Since the walmart trip was a bust, we met up not much later for lunch at the library. Alan and I stayed at the library until the county clerk's office re-opened after lunch. A short walk and $23 later, I had an official issue of Alan's birth certificate.
(We will need a copy of it to apply for some of the financial programs Texas has for children with special medical needs. We definitely qualify on that count! Most of these programs either have a very long waiting list, or take a long time to process. It could be 6 months for some and 2 or 3 years for others before Alan is enrolled.)
Once all of our down-town business was taken care of, Alan and I went home and he took a well-deserved nap. Since all the big guys were still out of town, Alan and I went over and had supper with Mimi & Kristin. Alan has really been loving drinking from a cup the past week or so, so tonight I put some of his double-strength formula in a cup for him. He doesn't get a lot that way, but I figure every way we can get extra calories in him will help.
So now, Greg is home, the boys are in bed, and we are getting ready for a Saturday at home together! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

fairenuff said...

hey Amy,
I just wanted to be the first ever person to leave a message on your blog. I'm so pleased I've got you hooked and look forward to reading all about you!
Love and hugs to you all
Sam
xxx