Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Wreath Cookies

The boys had a grand time making cute and fun fall cookies today.  I did not come up with the idea myself, but I can't remember where I saw it.  Some creative blogger out there in the whole wide web... wish I could remember so I could link back!

At any rate, I loved the simplicity of these, and the fact that I could cut my boys loose instead of hovering over them making sure every step is done juuuuust right.


Not that I'm ever one of those kind of moms.


Ahem.

As I was saying:
Super simple. You'll need:

- A package of 'ring' shortbread or butter cookies.  You know... the kind you wear on your finger and nibble off, right?
- Any kind of icing/frosting and gel food coloring.  We used powdered sugar/milk icing and made ours orange.  Great color-mixing lesson!
- Fall leaf sprinkles.

Ideally, I'd love to show you a pretty plate full of adorable fall cookies.  However, that lone cookie at the top of this post was made specifically as a gift for Mimi, which is the only reason it survived long enough for the photo-op.  


As for the rest of the cookies.... well... they didn't stick around long enough to be admired!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Mmm, those look yummy!

Wendi said...

These look great...and so simple!

Lisa said...

....and it was delicious! ;)