Friday, April 3, 2020

Time flies when you're... doing....stuff?

Thursday, April 2, 2020
Quarantine Day 18


Today began "early" with Greg heading out to get our Walmart grocery order that was ready by 8:00. We already knew via email that a dozen items were simply not available, including the sweet potatoes that were to go with our Easter dinner. :( Boooo. Hopefully all of this, plus last week's Aldi haul will last us until the 3rd week of April. 


Breakfast was pancakes and sausage, and then began that phenomenon of "what happened to our day!?" Greg actually did some pastoral work, researching various counseling centers for a church member. Lots of phone calling, texting, internet searching. Plus a lengthy phone call with a church member in the afternoon. He also managed to sanitize every single item from our grocery order before it was put away. At least somebody had a productive day!

I think maybe the kids did some math? I called and checked in with my mama ("to see if she alright!" - lol.... from one of my favorite viral news interview videos ever). 


And then it was lunch time. Seriously?? See what I mean? I have no idea.

In the afternoon I spent some time working more on my Easter week lessons. I think I would like to share those here.... just not sure how I'll do that. Maybe a post later today. I finished them in the evening.

I got a deep clean done in the kitchen, while my sister was doing some cleaning at her house. We do that a lot - clean "together". It's just nice to know you aren't working alone. Getting the kitchen done that well felt soooo good. Hopefully that will inspire me to do the same in other parts of the house.

Alan worked more on the garden boxes. I need to share pics of those - they look great! I just have no idea what to plan there. I want tomatoes but I don't want to go into a store to buy plants and it's too late for seeds. Ideas?
Then he used some leftover boards to border off an area in the backyard that I've been eyeing for several weeks for a butterfly/hummingbird flower garden. That I do have seeds for, and I plan on unceremoniously scattering some there in a few days!


Greg and I went for our usual walk/run. I was lamenting how school was suffering again this week, but I have to admit to myself that this happens every year when the weather gets warm. I have such a hard time pulling the kids inside to sit down in orderly places and do math and handwriting and all.the.things. when they are outside riding bikes, playing in the grass, and building garden boxes under blue skies and warm breezes. And we always manage to finish the year, so .... it's ok. It really is. This is one of the reasons we have always started our school year in July or August when it's 100 degrees outside!

Pintos and a double batch of cornbread for supper, so there was plenty of cornbread to cover a piece in syrup for dessert. Then another round of worship songs and we all made our way to bed.

Levi showed up in our room not long at all after we tucked them in. "I feel sad," he said. I asked him what he was sad about, but he didn't know. This mama was more than happy to snuggle him up close until he fell asleep. I think the whole world feels sad some these days. I hope you are snuggling up some, too. God is with us, holding our hand!

No comments: