Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Blah, blah, blog.

Well. I knew it was a possibility, but I didn't know it would happen so soon. It appears I have run out of things to say. Huh.
I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last 'real' post. There are several reasons for this, a leading once being my lack of sleep. Anytime my fingers start to think about writing a blog entry, the internal whining begins. And really, I don't think you want to hear all of the ways and times my children can come up with to interrupt my sleep. We've all been there, right?
Another effect of this unfortunate turn of events, is the fact that one doesn't feel like taking note of and documenting every cute or funny little thing one's children do or say when said children are the direct cause of a significant loss of sleep. Which is sad really, seeing as how we can never recover any particular period in life. Don't get me wrong, we're still playing blocks & peek-a-boo, playing in the sandbox and pat-a-caking, and reading lots of books....it's just all kind of a hazy blur, lol.
This past week was Birthday Week in my family. 7 Birthdays in 7 days!
My Aunt, my PawPaw, my Nana, my sister, my Grandad, & my Mom (and my great-grandmother would have been 103).
My mom and I have developed a little system that we each think we're getting the better end of. Every once in a while, either for some occasion or just because, she will buy the groceries and I do the cooking. Like I said, we both think we're getting the better deal on that one. This was our arrangement for the birthday celebration. Since Gramps was still doing dirtwork and Mimi & Gramps were spending the weekend in the country, I made a picnic supper for 8 to take out:
Cornflake chicken - yum! First time I had made it - and will make again! Had this with bbq sauce and honey-mustard
Potato salad

(Nana brought baked beans)
Banana pudding

Monday was Double Doctor Day. Took Dale in for his 4-year checkup. (We found out, incidentally, that his hearing is fine, something that has been debated for a few weeks in this house. This means that all of those "What?"s are habit and Greg and I can stop repeating ourselves. Repeating ourselves. Saying things over again!) Dale got FOUR shots and Alan got 2. And let me tell you - those immunization folks know what they are doing. She had Dale lay down on the exam table with his knees bent over the end, just like they always do with the babies. Then she stood against his shins, just like with the babies. Then she suggested I hold his arms.
Excuse me? I'm thinking - he's four! But I place my hands on his, as his arms crossed over his chest. Just for looks, and comforting purposes, of course.
Ha. That first needle went in and Dale's immediate reaction was to push it away! I had to hold him down, firmer for each one, as he cried louder for each one. Poor kid. He is a quick recoverer though, and just had to work through the sniffles as he picked out his pencil and sticker and we left. Glad we don't have to do that again for another couple of years. I have to admit though, I didn't even tear up. My boys were poked a cumulative SIX times and I didn't even flinch. Is all this liver stuff making me calloused!? More likely it was just a down-to-business day for me. Catch me on another day and I'd probably cry if their bandaid hurt coming off. :)
Anyway, Double Doctor Day was also my mom's birthday. She was kind enough to go with me and help herd baby buffaloes through the injection corrals, so mostly for birthday, and partly for thanks, we got together for supper that night. Among other things, I made a jello salad in a jello mold, and it actually set, and released from the mold beautfiully!!! I was pretty excited. Mark that one down for another to make again.
Now that I have amazingly managed to find something to say (haha), I must leave rather abruptly. Duty calls. But now that I've broken the ice, broken through the barrier of fatigue (blah, blah, whine whine) hopefully it won't be long before another post, and next time with pictures! :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, we are all just so glad to see you back!!! Missed your blogging terribly!

fairenuff said...

Yes, I agree with Lisa, I missed the blog. Notice how big the blob is on your world map for the UK?... I cant wait for the blogger update to notify me, I am always checking to see if I can beat it to a new update! LOL